According to TripAdvisor, the #1 best thing to do in Durham, North Carolina is to visit the Sarah P. Duke Gardens at 420 Anderson Street on Duke University campus. More than 55 acres of lush, award-winning gardens, each with its own distinct character.
|The Wildlife Garden in the H.L. Blomquist Garden of Native Plants. Photo by Rick Fisher.|
|Kirby Horton Hall. Photo by Robert Ayers.|
space that seamlessly integrates the gardens and features use of
traditional materials that create a tranquil atmosphere. Their natural
Durham setting provides business travelers the opportunity to stage a productive meeting that
inspires creativity and collaborative thinking. The Duke Gardens’ setting will provide a stimulating experience that uniquely sets it apart from the office. For corporate rates, please call 919-668-5100.
- corporate and small business travelers as well as consultants
- couples and families coming for a vacation or wedding (we host small weddings as well)
- people coming to tour local college campuses like Duke University and North Carolina Central University in Durham
|Japanese maple (Acer palmatum ‘Sherwood Flame’) and Becky and Charlie Dukes Boulder Garden in fall. Photo by Paul Jones.|
On the topic of taking tours, Sarah P. Duke Gardens offers tours from March 15 through November 15:
guides will lead the way on tours of breathtaking garden displays,
garden architecture, native plant gardens, vegetable gardens, special
collections, and Duke Gardens’ history
- Both the walking (about 1.5 hours) and the trolley tours (about 1 hour) cost $8
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at 10 am and 2 pm
- No minimum, but a maximum of 5 people per trolley
- Seats reserved on a first requested, first served basis with payment in advance
- Please call 919-668-1707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- They ask that all groups of 15 or larger register with the Gardens so they
can coordinate your activities with other groups scheduled for the same
|The Blomquist Pavilion. Photo by Rick Fisher.|
The mission of Sarah P. Duke Gardens is to create and nurture an environment for learning, inspiration and enjoyment through
excellence in horticulture. They provide outreach and
respite to our diverse and vibrant local community and visitors from
around the world.
In every season there is an opportunity to experience the beauty of Sarah P. Duke Gardens. Like the Duke Gardens, Morehead Manor Bed and Breakfast receives visitors all year round. We (Monica and Daniel) welcome you to be guests at our elegant place with our award-winning Southern hospitality .
Consider us as your ambassadors to the Durham, North Carolina area. Durham was named the Tastiest Town in the South by Southern Living Magazine. Our stellar breakfasts, renown restaurants, and flavor-loving food trucks offer delicious culinary delights. We look forward to your stay!