Durham Farmers Markets provide fresh, locally grown (including organic) produce, herbs and other plants, eggs, meat, cheeses, and more from over 60 local vendors. Mobile food vendors are on site as well.
This Farmers Market is located in The Pavilion at Downtown’s Durham Central Park at 501 Foster Street. From April through October, the market is open on Wednesdays from 3 pm to 6 pm as well as on Saturdays from 8 am to noon.
On Saturday April 22, Farmers Market shoppers can celebrate Earth Day by learning from local Durham organizations about ways to from the environment. The year 2020 marks the 50th anniversary of the first Earth Day.
The first day was April 22, 1970 and activated 20 million Americans:
- Founded by Senator Gaylord Nelson
- Launching the modern environmental movement
- Landmark legislation
- Clean Air Act
- Clean Water Act
- Endangered Species Act
- Earth Day network today is the largest environmental movement in the world
- 50,000 partners
- 192 countries
- over 250,000 schools worldwide
- Together we broaden
- Together we diversify
- Together we mobilize
- Over 1 billion people participate in Earth Day every year
- The largest civic action day on earth
- Core programs
- Bringing environmental democracy
- Creating climate activists
- Promoting environmental literacy
- Greening schools
- Accelerating the green economy
- Planting millions of trees
- Protecting Asian elephants
- Realizing a billion acts of green
- Today is Earth Day
- Tomorrow is Earth Day
- Every day is Earth Day
- Take action
- Stop climate change
- Protect the earth now and forever
The Durham Roots Farmers Market will open for its second season in the parking lot outside Stadium 10 Theater at Northgate Mall in Durham, North Carolina. Market hours are Saturdays from 8 am to noon. This farmers market offers fresh produce, eggs, vegetable starts, ornamental plants, mushrooms and more from local urban farmers, community and cooperative gardens, and traditional farmers.
Morehead Manor Bed and Breakfast serves only the freshest of breakfasts made with locally produced ingredients. We welcome guests to stay at Morehead Manor and to visit our local Durham Farmers Markets.
|Flowers at the Durham Farmers Market in Durham Central Park|