Morehead Manor re-opened to welcome guests on June 1, 2020. While the COVID Pandemic is not over yet, we continue to diligently work to be able to offer you a place of respite with updated cleaning and sanitizing protocols. We are a small property and cleanliness has always been a priority for us here at Morehead Manor, the COVID-19 virus has prompted us to take extra precautions to help keep us and our guests safe.
What we’re doing:
In addition to our normal procedures, we have implemented the following measures as suggested by the American Hotel and Lodging Association and our local Durham County health officials to help reduce the spread of the virus and to help safeguard your stay with us:
- Any employee feeling ill or showing symptoms of COVID such as fever or chills, sore throat, congestion, or runny nose will be sent home and asked to quarantine themselves until they have been symptom-free for 3 days.
- “High” touch areas such as doorknobs, handles, light switches, etc. in our common areas will be frequently cleaned and disinfected with CDC/EPA-approved disinfectants.
- Hand sanitizer and/or disinfectant wipes will be provided for guests’ use in our common areas.
- Signage has been added to remind guests and employees to wash or sanitize their hands.
- Upon Checking out the room keys can be left on the Innkeeper’s desk
- Nightly turn-down and daily room cleaning services have been suspended.
- Depending upon the number of guests breakfast times may be staggered when necessary to ensure social distancing.
- Individually wrapped desserts and snacks will be provided for our guests.
As Innkeepers, hospitality is our business. During your stay, we’ll be mindful of social distancing, but we’ll be happy to offer dining recommendations and other suggestions while you’re visiting Durham.
Our request to you while visiting with us:
- If you begin to feel unwell prior to your visit with us please stay at home, take care of yourself, and seek medical attention if needed.
- Please inform us as soon as possible while staying with us if you become ill, are exhibiting any of the symptoms, have tested positive for, or think that you have been exposed to COVID-19
Modified COVID Cancellation Policy
- Again, if you are not feeling well please stay at home until you feel better.
- If we are notified three (3) or more days prior to your date of arrival we will refund your deposit minus a $40 cancellation fee. The remaining balance of your bill will be charged to the credit card on file 24 hours prior to your arrival date.
- If you should have to cancel within 3 days of your arrival date, we can reschedule your stay or offer you a credit towards a future stay.
- Early departures and no-shows are considered a cancellation and fall within the described cancellation policy, thereby no refund or credit will be issued.
We will honor this modified policy until things resume normalcy. If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 919-687-4366 or e-mail us at email@example.com
Things are everchanging so check back often for the latest updates.