In Durham, North Carolina, this is the perfect time to enjoy outdoor activities like biking the Bull City, relaxing on the green, and horseback riding in style. Many people go on vacation to actively pursue their hobbies. Whether you want to go biking, golfing, or horseback riding, Durham is a beautiful place to do it in.
Did you know that many areas of Durham are easily accessible by bike? Given the tight urban core of the city and the compact nature of the county, sometimes two wheels are greater than four.
- Get from Duke University’s West Campus to the Golden Belt arts complex on the east side of Downtown Durham in less than thirty minutes at a leisurely pace
- Cruise around Downtown Durham, Duke, and North Carolina Central University campuses as well as Ninth Street District and the historic Forest Hills neighborhood to get a glimpse of Durham’s architecture and enjoy the shade of hundred-year-old oaks that line many city streets
Do you want to take a swing at one of Durham’s three public golf courses?
- Just north of Duke’s West Campus is Hillendale Golf Course, an affordable and historic Donald Ross course that recently underwent an extensive renovation.
- On Duke’s campus is The Duke University Golf Club, a challenging Robert Trent Jones course
- Lakeshore Golf Course in Northeast Durham is an entry-level course for casual and experienced players alike
Are you ready to get back in the saddle? Have an equine adventure in Durham. There are a half-dozen farms that offer lessons, trail rides, and competitions for both novice riders and horse enthusiasts. The places are all within a thirty-minute drive of Downtown Durham:
- B-Bar Farm and Tack Shop
- Castle French Farm
- Dead Broke Farm
- Quail Roost Farm
- Shiloh Farms
- Triton Stables
Morehead Manor Bed and Breakfast is a great haven for relaxation, especially after participating in these fun local Durham activities. Each morning we fuel our guests with a delicious, hearty, gourmet breakfast.
As the number one black-owned bed and breakfast in America, according to Black Enterprise Magazine, we love visiting with guests from all different backgrounds and from all over the world. With so many things to do and see in Durham, we look forward to hosting you as our guests.