Don’t miss the 12th Annual North Carolina Juneteenth Celebration. This all takes place in nearby Downtown Durham on Saturday June 18 from 1 pm to 10 pm. This is a celebration of African American Independence Day.
This fun-filled, educational, and uplifting day begins with an Opening Ceremony with songs, prayers, litany, elected officials, clergy, and the pouring of libation and salute to elders.
Visitors to this outdoor fair will find:
- Live entertainment (both national and local talent)
- Artists and vendors selling African and African-American clothing, specialty items, and crafts
- Delicious food at the Juneteenth Food Truck Court
- Health fair with screenings for blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, and HIV
- Medical professionals from area health centers and hospitals are available for consultations
- Children’s Village has games, face painting, crafts, educational activities, and information for children of all ages
The 12th Annual Juneteenth Celebration has activities geared towards family participation, community education, and good old-fashioned fun.
This event is sponsored by Spectacular Magazine and the Triangle Cultural Awareness Foundation (TriCA). Spectacular Magazine is a monthly full color publication which includes features, columns, calendars, and commentaries that empower, enlighten, and entertain African Americans in Durham, Wake, Orange, Granville, Vance, and Person counties.
The mission of TriCA is to conduct project activities that restores, maintains, and extends our heritage in Durham. TriCA believes that festivals, parades, and major public special events are an important part of the social and economic makeup of communities. TriCA plans events that create an opportunity for all community associations, ethnic groups, and economic leaders to work together for the benefit of their community.
Morehead Manor Bed and Breakfast of Durham, North Carolina is honored that Black Enterprise named us the #1 black-owned bed and breakfast in America. We are thankful to host such wonderful guests from all over the world.