Big names entertain at the DPAC (Durham Performing Arts Center) in Durham, North Carolina from now through the end of the year including these fourteen different shows. Guests of Morehead Manor Bed and Breakfast love how close we are to one of the top entertainment venues in the country.
- 7 Time Grammy Award Winner and The Empress of Soul, Gladys Knight, performs at 7 pm on Wednesday August 21. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Hayti Heritage Center here in Durham.
- Motown legends, The Temptations and The Four Tops, return to perform at Durham Performing Arts Center at 7:30 pm on Friday August 23. The two iconic musical groups have previously performed 4 sold out performances at DPAC.
- Legendary blues artist, Buddy Guy, performs Tuesday September 10 at 7:30 pm with very special guest Shemekia Copeland, a contemporary roots and soul musician.
- Don’t miss R & B Powerhouse Charlie Wilson‘s “The Best Party Concert Ever” at 8 pm on Friday September 13. With ten #1 singles, 13 Grammy nominations, and a New York Times bestselling memoir, he is one of the most highly sought-after entertainers for today’s top Hip-Hop and Pop artists.
- Aladdin is a hit Broadway musical (from the producer of The Lion King) featuring all of the songs from the recent film plus new music by Tony and Academy award winner Alan Menken. Led by a Tony Award-winning director and choreographer, Casey Nicolaw, featuring an incomparable design team with sets, costumes, and lighting. DPAC shows run from Wednesday October 2 through Saturday October 26. Click the YouTube clip below:
- The Official RuPaul’s Drag Race World Tour returns with an all new production, “Werq the World”! Only one performance on Thursday October 31 at 8 pm.
- REO Speedwagon, with their #1 hits and Top 40 classics, has sold more than 40 million albums around the world. They perform live at DPAC here in Durham on Wednesday November 13 at 7:30 pm.
- World renown jazz superstar Kenny G has sold 75 million records worldwide. His recordings regularly made the pop, R&B, and jazz charts in the 1980’s and 90’s. Don’t miss his performance Sunday November 24 at 7:30 pm.
- A Magical Cirque Christmas features the world’s greatest entertainers in a captivating new holiday show. Dazzling performers and breathtaking cirque artists accompanied by your favorite holiday music performed live. It all starts at 7:30 pm on Sunday December 1.
- The holiday classic of the season, Irving Berlin’s White Christmas not only features dancing and lots of snow, it tells the story of a song-and-dance team putting on a show with some of the greatest songs ever written in a magical Vermont inn. Shows start Tuesday December 3 and last through Sunday December 8.
- The magical holiday classic The Nutcracker features the talented Carolina Ballet on Saturday December 14 and Sunday December 15 in a total of three mesmerizing shows. Journey to a land of whimsical characters with magical illusions, incredible sets, and beautiful costumes. The Nutcracker is the perfect story ballet for the young and young at heart.
- A Christmas Carol, celebrates its 45th Anniversary and will return to DPAC for seven performances, Wednesday December 18 through Sunday December 22. With over 1 million people having experienced the magic of A Christmas Carol throughout the years, the show regularly sells out.
You are welcome to stay at Morehead Manor Bed and Breakfast here in the heart of Durham. We are just minutes from the big names at DPAC (Durham Performing Arts Center).